Monday, June 10, 2013

Emily's Dresser Runner

Emily is off at Camp Tomah Shinga all this week.  She recently picked out colors to paint her room so while she's away, Jeff is painting her room.  We started out cleaning and purging it before she left.  Jeff took down the bunk beds per Emily's request and made them into a single twin bed.  The colors Emily chose were blue and green.  When we painted Elizabeth's room last summer while she was away at LSM, I quilted a Dresser Runner for her so I figured I'd do the same for Emily (even though it's not on my summer to do list, so just make this item #17!)  I started with looking at the one I made for Liz and then looking up the pattern I took it from.  I debated using the same pattern since it was so simple but ended up finding a different one.  The hardest part was finding the right shade of blues and greens that would go with her new wall colors.  Emily's inspiration was a music note wall hanging we purchased at Christmas from Senseney Music.
 It took me most of the day but I've got all the rows sewn, tomorrow I'm hoping to get the rows sewn together, quilt it and add a black binding.

No comments:

Post a Comment