Monday, June 10, 2013

Denim Guessing Bag

One of the items on my summer to do list is a denim "Guessing Bag" for Mrs. Cherry, one of our Kindergarten teachers.  Using some of the denim I had already saved I made a sample bag so I would have something to give her an idea of what they were going to look like to get her approval.  I did a lot of looking online at images and tutorials to get an idea of what I was going to make.  Here is how it turned out.
I added some embroidery stitches around the top edge and on the handle.  I was having a hard time deciding how to close the flap.  I took it the ladies helping me cook for VBS and Janene suggesting a button with a loop.  Great Idea! and no button hole!   Elizabeth has claimed this for hers and wants me to add her name in big cursive letters to it.  Mrs Cherry liked it.  I'll be making the strap larger so it can be worn cross-body and add "Kindergarten Guessing Bag".  Mrs. Cherry supplied me with several pairs of jeans so the only thing it is costing me is thread and time!  Bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment